CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Healthy You Challenge Update Week #34


Hi Everyone,

I am glad to be back FINALLY :) Took me long enough. I had to really do some soul searching and decide if losing weight was really that IMPORTANT to me. I decided that it definantly is VERY IMPORTANT to me and my health so here I am. This time I am going to get this done and not quit. This time I am not going to allow personal problems, work stress or family stress STOP me from obtaining my goal.


Since I left back in Feb. 08 I did continue on my WW plan and didn't do to bad. But unfortunatley due to all the stress in my life I let my self slide and gain A LOT back :( So I am starting all over but at least I am here and haven't given up! I am now back on WW and doing good for only my 2nd day OP. I feel good :) Before I decided to lose this weight for good I had to re-evaulate why I failed the last time so I could fix it and NOT do it again.


*I DID NOT drink enough water and alot of the reason why I felt hungry alot.


*I got on the scale TO MUCH and drove myself batty because everytime I would see a gain I got VERY discouraged.


*I ate within my point values of WW BUT I ate the wrong foods which were not only unhealthy but full of fat and in the end I would end up being hungry.


*I also ate to many CARBS which isn't good since I am carb sensitive and all this did was again make me HUNGRY!


These are the mistakes I made the last time I tried WW. But now I know and I won't be repeating the same patterns again. So here are my NEW GOALS:


* I WILL drink ALL my water (around 100 oz. per day)


* I WILL ONLY weigh myself ONCE a week (my WI day will be Saturdays)


*I WILL eat healthier foods and high protein/low carb options.


Long-term Goal: To lose 40 lbs. by December 25, 2008 (I joined Chubby Chick's Christmas Challenge)


Short-term Goal: To lose 10 lbs. by 2nd WI day which is September 6, 2008


Wish me luck everyone!!!!

8 comments:

Suz said...

Good luck on your new start!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck! Great ideas to stay on track this time!!!

MargieAnne said...

You haven't wasted the time you've been away ..... look at what you've learned and the decisions you have come to.

Life happens and sometimes our focus cannot be on weight-loss but every day we are becoming healthier and eating better.

I know the dangers of high carb foods only too well. Best wishes as you follow your plan for the next 10 days.

Blessings

Chrissie said...

Good luck!

Chubby Chick said...

Great post! And great goals! They are SO attainable!

I'm really glad you've gotten back on track. I've been on a rollercoaster all year, and I finally feel like I'm ready to just lose the weight already, too. We can do this. We really can... and we will! :)

Diana Swallow said...

A great time for a great new start! You can do this!!

Brooke Lorren said...

Welcome back to HYC! Nice to meet you.

Heather said...

glad you are back! sounds like you have learned a few things and I know that will only help you succeed. good luck!