CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Healthy You Check-In


Well I have got to keep my butt out of that fridge!! Today has not been a very good day for me and I ended up eating out of emotions and that is something that I thought I had under control but I guess I was wrong and now I just have to work way harder to get that under control. I found out yesterday that my boss is losing her job , therefore I will be out of a job as of next Wednesday so I am very stressed over that and I think that is why I just haven't been in the best of mood to count my calories and eat healthy :( But I have already told myself that tomorrow is going to be a better day and I am going to get right back up and NOT give up!!! I know I can do this , and just because I fell flat on my face today doesn't mean I should give up , it just means to get back up on my feet and keep on going :)
This past week was a good one , I lost a pound and even though I was hoping for a bigger weight loss I am happy with this one :) Losing weight has been hard for me so I am very proud of myself because this is my 5 th week into this and I have NOT given up ....which is a small miracle for me :) I am going to do this and NOTHING is going to STOP me :) My goals for this week are :
* Drink more water ...I am doing well with drinking 100 oz. per day but I would like to increase this a little to 120 oz.
* Say goodbye to the 340's for good .....this is a biggie and I am hoping to do this on my WI day this Saturday :)
* Take my vitamins everyday ...I have been really bad about this one and forgetting so I need to start remembering to take them right after I eat breakfast in the A.M.
* Staying positive with self-positive talk ...this one is going to be difficult this week due to my job loss but I am determined to stay positive because losing a job isn't the end of the world and there are other jobs out there :)
I hope everyone is doing good this week so far!! I promise that I am reading blogs , and as many as I can comment on I do , but with my job during the day it's sometimes hard but I am catching up :) Have a great week!! Happy Losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Suz said...

Sorry about your job. That really is stressful. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I struggle with emotional eating too, but it sounds like you are all set to do better tomorrow! Good luck!

HappyBlogChick said...

I am so so so sorry to hear about your job loss. How stressful! Our family has been through that stress before.

My husband was laid off shortly after we were married ... the schedule went May-get married, Sept-buy house, January-he gets laid off. NOT FUN! It was a stressful time, but ultimately we didn't end up in the poor house and he ended up in a job he loved much more than the one he had, he's been promoted since then, and he's doing very well.

So, I am going to be sending you lots of well-wishings and happy thoughts ... I have faith that in the end this will work out well for you.

Congrats on your loss, too! And I love your goals. You're doing really well.

Heather said...

oh I am so sorry to hear about your work situation! that is the worst..worrying about not having a job. I am in the same situation as well as I am pretty sure I will be losing mine too. hang in there though and its natural to turn to food for comfort. I did it all the time. its hard to not do that and it takes time and hard work, so dont worry about falling back into old habits. jus try to make a list of things that make you happy and are comforting that you can turn to instead of food or make you not think about food or your situation. hang in there.

Diana Swallow said...

I struggle with emotional eating too and the guilt causes so much additional stress. For me getting back to basics seems to work best. Planning menus and keeping to them, exercise and drinking that water!
You can do this, hang in there!

McQty said...

Sorry to hear about your job. I would be going nuts and probably finding anything and everything small enough to put in my mouth to try to cover up all my stress.

GOOD LUCK !

McQty said...

So weird, I just commented and it disappeared so I'm sorry if you get 2.

Just wanted to say sorry about the job thing, and considering I think you are doing well. I would be going out of my mind in your situation.

Keep up the good work and lots of luck to you.

Littleladyhead said...

So sorry about your job!
That is extremely stressful.
Emotional eating is something that I think never is resolved...we just have to work at it every single day!

Felicia said...

Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend!!

No worries about the job. I am sure it wasnt for you and the next one will be a great one! Congrats on the loss!

*Huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your job, that must be so hard. Just take it one day at a time. You are doing great so far and this is just a bump in the road for you. You will get past this and have great success. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your progress! Your plan for the week looks great also.

Sorry about the job business - that's certainly a stressor, isn't it?

Have a great week.

Manuela said...

Hi Michelle. Congrats on joining WW--it works!

Sorry about your job. I left my job last July and am still looking for something full-time. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Don't get too down on yourself. Life can be so tough but stick with your healthy you challenge and everything else will fall into place.

Stop by my blog and see what WW can do with time and perseverance!