CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am Back & Getting Back on Track

Well I am back everyone!! It's been a hectic few weeks and that is why I haven't been online blogging here , nor have I been visiting any blogs , just to hectic with the loss of my job, the stress of starting a home daycare, and then being sick was just to much for me to handle or even think about weight loss. I have not been doing well with my diet , nor have I been really eating much therefore I have gained some weight and haven't been feeling well as an end result.

Now that the stress is starting to lift, I have decided to start again!! I am not a quitter and I won't give up until I have beat this and lost all the weight I want and need to lose :) It's going to be a long , hard road ahead but I know I can do this, and I need to do this for my health if for nothing else. I noticed since being off the high protein, low carb lifestyle that my asthma has been really, really bad :( I can hardly breathe at night , and during the day I have to rely on my inhaler to get through it and I really think it's because of all the carbs and sugar I have been eating latley. I never saw a difference before but I sure have felt the difference this time around , and this just motivates me even more to get back on track :)

I googled high carbs and asthma and found that high carbs and sugar aggravate asthma symptoms which I never knew before and I never thought to look it up in all the years I have suffered from breathing problems. I was diagnosed with asthma as a kid , around age 6 years old and I have been on medications ever since but I did notice when I cut the carbs out , and ate high protein, fruits, veggies, and lean meats that I could breathe easier and I used my inhaler and medications less. But with the stress, and eating bad I am having to use my inhaler and medications alot more.

I just have a hard time believing that sugar and carbs can do that to a person with asthma and upper respitory problems but since experiencing it I now can believe it. They say seeing is believing , and I have seen and now I am going to change my bad habits. This just reconfirms to me that I need to get this weight off for my health and well being , and I need to eat right for my health and well being. I am sick of being sick, and tired, and fat therefore I am getting back on track today :) So it's no more bad carbs, and no more sugar for me!! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Best wishes and good luck to you on your journey!! Sounds like you have a great plan going there. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Have a SUPER week!
*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

so glad to hear you are back and committed! I never thought you were a quitter and coming back and looking at the changes you have made and want to make only makes you a winner in my book!