CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Healthy You Check - In


Well as I said in my previous post ....I AM BACK!!! Like I said it's been a few hectic weeks and that is why I wasn't blogging or active about weight loss but now that the pressure and stress is lifting I am ready to get back to getting fit , and healthy and losing this weight!! I haven't had much energy lately but I am starting to eat right again, take my vitamins, and herbal remedies and I am starting to feel somewhat better :)
As I think I said on this blog before I had lost my job due to my boss getting laid off and the company closing down and that is the first thing that stressed me out because I lost my income in a matter of a week and a half and I didn't know what I was going to do ....I tend to panic which isn't the thing to do! So losing weight was the furthest thing from my mind, and that is why I just had to take a break. The good news is I got my income back pretty quickly by opening up a home daycare in my home ....I had been thinking about doing this for quite some time but I wasn't sure about it but I thought that taking a chance couldn't hurt since I was already out of work.
Well I put an ad up on craigslist and within a week I had seven children enrolled with me :) I am now making more than what I was making as a nanny and it's doing what I love the most and that is taking care of children :) It's a challenging job but it has it's rewards as well!! So now that stress is gone , new stressors have taken it's place , which is just life! But I am ready to start losing weight once more :) I am not sure how much I have gained to be honest with you because I have been to afraid to get on the scale to look but I can tell I have gained with the way I feel. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning to see where I am at, and I will blog about that later.
For now I want to get back on track with :
* Drinking at least 100 oz. of water daily
* Eating healthy foods , low carb, and high protein.
* Take one step at a time and don't get frustrated with myself.
* Take all vitamins, and herbal supplements.
So wish me luck everyone!!! I will be visiting blogs this week , not sure how many I can visit but my goal is to visit at least 3 blogs per day on my lunch break (when the kids are napping). Take care everyone and Happy Losing!!!

5 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Yay! I'm so happy about your new job! That is great that you are now running a daycare! Good luck with everything!

And congrats on getting back on track! I know that is hard to do sometimes. But like you said, we cannot quit!

I was reading your previous post about your asthma and how carbs and sugar make it worse. And I was just wondering... did you ever get checked for wheat or dairy allergies? I have a family member who occasionally has asthma attacks, and she said that if she doesn't eat wheat and dairy, it seems to get better. So she's assuming that she has a wheat allergy.

Oh well... hang in there! You can do this! :)

PS: I hope the kiddies take a nice, long nappie today. hehe

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're right: you are BACK! Great goals+great attitude=success!

HappyBlogChick said...

Wow, way to take a difficult situation and make it a dream come true! That takes strength. Good for you.

You had a lot going on - it's no wonder your focus was elsewhere. It's time to forgive yourself, evaluate where you are, and move on. You can look back to learn what went wrong, but no beating yourself up. When you see the scale, remember it's just a number - and it's a number you're changing!

Heather said...

your checklist is full of wonderful things to accomplish, so good luck!

Erin said...

Glad you are back!