CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I lost 8 inches total off my body :)



After much worrying about why I have maintained this week and last week instead of losing my nutritionist asked me if I had measured to see if I had lost any inches and of course I have not really been keeping up with inches lost because I just don't think about it. Before I started this lifestyle change I did take measurements of my waist, thighs, and bust and wrote them down so I decided to take his advice today and measure. Sure enough I have lost 3 inches in my waist, 3 inches in my thighs , and 2 inches in my bust which is a total 8 inches off my body :) I was very happy and excited to see this :) I knew my clothes definantly felt looser on me but I didn't think I had lost that much in inches.

I have to learn that the number on the scale isn't always the most important , although it's important for me to get this weight off but I know it's better for it to come off slowly so it will stay off once I get it all off. I am just glad that all the hard work these past two weeks have truly paid off ....if I don't lose weight then losing inches is just as important :) And my boyfriend had kept telling me that I looked thinner in my face and he kept telling me to measure as well , I just don't listen sometimes lol :) But I am happy with the end results and I just have to learn how to be patient and keep on doing what I am doing because as long as I do that the weight will come off!

Well like I said in my last post I did calculate how many calories I am taking in with WW because I was really curious as to how many calories WW had me on since I am going by just points with them I had to use http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to calculate the calories and I am taking in between 1550-1600 calories a day which my nutritionist told me is really good for my weight and that will give me about a 2-3 lb loss per week which is what he wants to see because if it comes off to quickly it's not healthy! So I am happy with that and I am going to stick with WW but I am also going to keep on calculating my calories with sparkpeople because I like to have that type of control :)

Today I found this new site where you can keep track of your weight , blood pressure, inches lost, and even WW points can be put into it and it's free. It's a really neat site and I like sites that offer things like that for free. It's at http://weighttracker.info/ and all you have to do is register and then it brings you to your own page where you can calculate calories, track your weight, track inches lost, track your blood pressure, and even journal about your experiences. You can even print or email the results in either graph form or text. I just thought I would share it here with all of you :) Well I am off to grocery shopping ...I hope everyone is having a great Sunday :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

that is fantastic! losing inches is just as important as losing pounds.

your calorie range is fantastic so it sounds like what you are doing is working well and I wouldnt get discouraged by the scale. just keep up your efforts and you will see a loss. there were weeks I lost nothing or .2 and while it seems like nothing at the time, it does add up.

Lori said...

8 inches - that's great!! It's so important for us to not always be so focused on what the scale says because that can get so frustrating. What's important is each choice we make and that the majority of those choices are positive ones that get us one step closer to our goals! Keep it up! We can do this!

Susie said...

WOW- Congrats on the lost inches!!!Very NICE! See..that scale can be so finicky! Thank you for the site suggestion. I love to check out new sites. I have been tracking my points on my own on a google document..but I'd love to see this site..on my way there. Keep on shrinking and only go to that scale if it's weigh day! (not trying to be bossy..just a thought)

Anonymous said...

8 inches is FANTASTIC! Losing inches is almost better than losing pounds, because the pounds are just a number but the inches let your clothes fit nicer and your body feel better. Good job!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's huge! What a boost when you felt like you hadn't been losing!! I wish I had measured last week. I think I'll try to find my tape measure and do it today.