CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Monday, January 14, 2008

Losing Weight In 2008

This is my year!! I am on a journey to lose 100+ pounds and I have made this the year to do just that. Since this is the first post of this weight loss blog I will introduce myself and tell you my story. My name is Michelle and I have alot of weight to lose thus the reason why I have started this blog. I need some motivation and I thought this would be good for that. I never had a weight problem until I turned 25 years old, and I never saw the weight coming on, I guess I was in denial therefore I just ignored the problem and before I knew it I was at my highest weight of 430 lbs.

I finally came to the realization that I needed to do something about my weight before it literally killed me. I knew I was fat and I knew I had to do something about it, so 18 months ago I decided to join weight watchers to get the weight off. To my surprise I did very well and I lost 30 lbs and I was so proud of myself for that , even though it was not alot of weight off , at least I was losing and not gaining. I continued weight watchers and lost another 55 lbs by Thanksgiving 2007 , but then the holidays hit and I have been at 345 lbs ever since :( I didn't gain any weight over the course of the holiday season but I have not lost any more since. So this New Year is the year for me to lose at least 100 lbs .....if I can accomplish that I will be happy!

Some things that I need to work on:

* I am an emotional eater and now that I have finally admitted that I am now ready to work on it. I have to concentrate on remembering not to "eat" when I am emotional ....my Motto is going to be "I need to EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT!!!

* I need to concentrate on abiding by my "points" with weight watchers. Alot of times I forget to add up the little points such as points for salad dressing, butter ect....and those points can really add up ....so I have to watch that and get better at adding all of my points up and not forgetting the condiments and such.

I am going to stick to a high protein/Low Carb diet along with counting my points on the Weight Watchers diet. I love WW , and I have lost 85 lbs with WW so far therefore I want to stick to what works , but I want to stick to high protein/Low Carb along with WW ....so I will be eating healthy meaning lots of veggies, salads, lean chicken, fish, and leaving out the "BAD" carbs :) I am on my way ...Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Michelle, I am so glad you have your blog up and running! It's nice to get to know more about you! Congrats on losing 85 pounds so far! That is AMAZING! I know this year is going to be great for you. I can't wait to see all of your success this coming year! :)

And I love your blog layout! It's so cheerful and bright and pretty! :)