CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Trying hard and it's paying off/ Long-term goals!!

I am trying so hard and it's paying off :) I tend to weigh myself way to much , and when I am losing that is fine but when I am at a stand still then it's setting myself up for failure!! So I am trying to train myself only to weigh myself at weigh in's only (which are Saturdays for me). I did great with eating yesterday so I am proud of myself and so far today I have done well ....of course I have only eaten breakfast and it's still early but I know I am going to do well with eating today :) I won't allow myself to mess up!! I am probably the hardest person on myself but it's not a bad thing , it's a good thing as long as I stay positive on myself and lose the negative talk.

Emotional wise I am doing well today , which is good since I am a bad emotional eater, but this year I made a committment to try not to eat when I am emotional ....instead I will journal in my blog here, call a friend or my boyfriend and talk about my feelings , or keep myself busy somehow so I won't eat out of emotions. It's hard for me because my job gives me access to a kitchen all day long therefore I have to really discipline myself to eat correctly, stay within my weight watcher points, and stay positive :) On WW I am never hungry , that is one thing I like about the plan, and eating high protein/low carb along with counting my points really has helped me to stay fuller longer , and not feel like I am starving. I also eat mini meals every 3 to 31/2 hours ....which keeps my blood sugar levels balanced and that helps too.

I am excited about watching "The Biggest Loser" tonite :) I am addicted to that show and it really keeps me motivated watching it. This year I started watching the new season from the start which aired on New Year's Eve , and I have kept up with it each week (every Tuesday). So it's kind of like I am losing weight with them and that is neat. I think that this season is interesting because they have "couples" losing weight togather , it's a different twist and the best season yet. Last week the group voted out the brown colored shirts couple and I thought that was really sad because they were there for thier health , of course all the couples there this season seem to be there for thier health but this couple was really desperate to stay so it was sad to see them go , but I think that they will continue the program from home because they really got an eye opener of how bad they were eating. But I can't wait for tonite's episode :)

I wanted to write out some of my long-term Goals here :

* Of course the #1 long term goal is to lose 100 pounds by this time next year :)

* To have all of my weight off by Jan 2010, which is two years and I think that is reasonable although I might get it off quicker than that which will be fine too :)

* To not only get the weight off but to get physically fit and toned...of course I know it won't be like when I was 20 lol , but I want my body to look good and I want to be physically fit as much as possible at my age (34 years) :)

3 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

It sounds like you have a great plan in place! That is great! I eat small meals/snacks about every 3 hours, too... and that really does help me to not get hungry. Plus, it speeds up a person's metabolism.

I love your goals! And I know that you will meet them. I noticed that we have about the same amount of weight to lose, so I'll be right here with you every step of the way. We will get fit and healthy together! :)

(Have you given any thought to joining any of the challenges going on right now? They're really great... and the support is out of this world!)

Chubby Chick said...

Michelle, yes... I LOVE Biggest Loser! I never miss an episode. I just love seeing the transformations that the contestants undergo! They all look so much healthier and younger by the season finale.

Fairy Princess said...

You go girl! 2008 is gonna be an awesome year for all of us out there that stick to their guns and get healthy.

I have a long road ahead of me but the bloogging community is packed with ladies out there that are happy to support you on your journey! Keep us all updated and remember you are AWESOME!