CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A love/hate relationship with the scale!!



I definantly have a love/hate relationship with the "scale". I am literally obsessed with getting on the scale every single morning before I take my shower and this morning it bit me in the butt :( I got on the scale and it registered a gain of +3 lbs and boy was I upset :( I couldn't believe it because I have been OP , drinking my water, and I even worked out last nite which is something that I have been having a hard time doing because I am so tired when I get home from work but I forced myself to excercise last nite and I was so proud of myself!!


So this morning I wasn't happy and in the past I would have said the hell with this lifestyle change and I would have given up but instead of doing that I just told myself , "Michelle you can do this and you will do this , you have to lose this weight and your doing good so keep on doing what your doing" ....and that is what I am going to do!! I was so proud of myself for not saying the hell with it and giving it up :) I think that is a big time NSV for me!! I am not sure what is different about this year , but I know that I am going to lose this 100 pounds because I just have so much more drive and determination that I didn't have even six months ago.


Because of this +3 lb gain I decided to post a question on my WW boards and see what others thought. Alot of the responses I got were very encouraging and uplifting (what I like about those boards) and alot of them told me that I shouldn't do daily weigh in's because it's normal for your body weight to flucuate due to alot of things such as salt intake, excercise, or TOM (time of the month) ect.....so they all made me feel a little better about that. I have decided to only weigh myself on my WI days , which are Saturdays ....so NO MORE DAILY WEIGH IN"s for me :) The daily WI's could discourage me and set me up for failure in the future and I don't want to do that to myself! This time I was strong , but next time it could catch me at a bad moment and I don't want to even risk that.


I know WW works if you stay OP , and I am staying OP therefore I know I am going to lose, I just have to learn how to be patient and only weigh myself on Saturdays. I know that this Saturday I will have a good loss because I am doing everything right....question is can I be patient? LOL!! That is definantly something I have to work on , is patience :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

yes, the scale has determined my mood more than once! when its up, I am sooo sad. when its down, Im the happiest person alive. its scary how it has that power over us. but I think you got good advice...its probably just normal fluctuations. I weigh myself every other day, you could try that if staying away for more than a day is hard for you. I know for me, weighing in that frequently helps keep me on track with what Im eating and doing and I know where I stand. and if I see its up, I know I better get my butt in gear. and I still look at it in terms of a week...so not that I am up or down on a particular day, but what it ended up being for the week. however too often and you arent really measuring any progress, just hormones and water!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. I'm so happy you didn't give up and shift because of the scale. It's great to see that you found out the challenges of daily weighing and understand that there are so many factors going into the number on the scale.

Stay focused on your positive vibes. It's exciting to see how far you've already come! That's power! Great work!