CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

Personal Mini Goal ....Getting below 300 lbs :)

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weigh In Day


Well I am NOT going to be discouraged ....at least that is what I keep telling myself. The good news is I DID NOT GAIN this week , but the bad news is I didn't lose either :( I am really not sure why I didn't lose this week but I am sure I can figure it out if I really just sit down and think a little. The end of this week was a bad one as far as keeping within my calories so that probably is some of it ....so it's a good thing I didn't gain because I should have. My boyfriend was really sweet this morning when I got off that scale in tears , he was like "Sweetie it's ok , your doing great and don't give up"!! He always seems to know what to say at a time of crisis and I am very blessed to have him in my life , he is such a sweetheart and a good motivatoer and supporter and he has never once gotten upset with me because I didn't lose or because I gained :)
This is my plan for this week .......
* I am going to actually count my calories instead of points , to see where I stand with WW as far as calorie wise. They don't tell you how many calories you are consuming because it goes by points but it will be interesting to see how many calories I am consuming.
* I am going to drink more water this week ...I have been drinking the minimum 64 oz. per day but I am going to up that to at least 100 oz. per day!
* Excercise, Excercise, Excercise......I am going to do more of it :)
So that is my plan , because I am going to lose weight this week no matter what it takes. I am more than determined at this point and I have come to a crossroads that this is more for my health than for just "looking good" ...although I want to look good too :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Im sorry you are disapointed, but maintaining is not a bad thing either. I am sorry that the scale upset you...I get like that sometimes too when I really want to lose and then I get on the scale and I havent. glad that you have a good support system.

dont worry, I am sure if you work on your goals, you will see a loss. counting calories is interesting just to see where you fall. I did that once with WW and found out I was eating too LITTLE. my calorie range was like 1100-1200 which is basically what slowed my metabolism down to nothing and no wonder I didnt lose a darn thing that whole time I was on WW. some people need to EAT to lose weight. so be sure to post what you find out..will be interesting to see what you find.

its not always calories that matter either...its WHAT you are eating. I dont watch calories or anything..I eat the food pyramid. having that kind of balance of different types of foods your body needs (fats,starches,proteins, fruits, vegetables,etc.) make for a powerful combination to lose weight. so definitely pay attention to the types of food you are eating for your points.

Susie said...

Hi Michelle- Just stopping by to wish you luck with the challenge. Your page is so pretty--the pictures/graphics you use are adorable. Hey, at least it wasn't a gain! Next week, you should have a big ol loss!I am also doing ww and am really enjoying it. I have found so many great sites and recipies to keep me OP. I have not been perfect, but I am trying to log everything that goes into my mouth and add a new desired habit each week. You have already had great success and lost quite a bit! Enjoy that and stay motivated. It's one step at a time.ps-Stay away from that scale. 1-2x a week TOPS! It helps.

Diana Swallow said...

I don't think that maintaining at this point in the game is such a bad thing. Take a look around at some of your fellow bloggers...Fatbridesmaid, Chubby Chick, they both maintained this week too...there were others too but those two come to mind.

Heather gave you lots of great advice so please read her post and take it to heart. Hang in there!!

Holly said...

Don't let the scale get you down. Staying the same is WAY better than gaining! Sounds like you have a great plan for this week too. Good work!